Saturday, May 16, 2020

Comes the flood

When lockdown started, the kitchen sink had a drip. To be fair, it had probably been dripping for months but I'd ignored it, as you do when you don't pay for water. (Or I should say, when you aren't directly billed for water based on usage.)

During lockdown, it turned from a drip into a stream and now it just gushes out. For six weeks I was able to use the excuse that the hardware store wasn't open, so I couldn't do anything. The hardware stores reopened yesterday. 

So now I have to figure out how to turn off the water supply, disassemble the taps, remove the old washer, find one the same size and replace it without flooding the kitchen. And in case anyone is watching, I have to look like I know what I'm doing, rather than someone who is just doing this for the first time.

Wish me luck. 

No comments: