Saturday, March 24, 2012

Intervention

Someone really ought to stop me.  I may be getting addicted to dating.

Say what you want about eHarmony, everyone I've met has been beautiful, intelligent, and interesting.  Not all have panned out, of course, but I've only had one bad date. (And even that wasn't bad--she was very cute--I just couldn't see it going anywhere.)  Tonight I had a date with a Polish girl who was so cute, and had a wicked sense of humour.  Tomorrow I've got a second date with a Scottish girl that has the most lilting accent and piercing blue eyes. The girl from Plymouth (with the beautiful brown eyes) said she didn't want to pursue a relationship*, but still wants to meet as friends, so I'm having breakfast with her, and in the afternoon I've got a third date with a British-born Indian girl, who is making me dinner. :-)

Next weekend I'm hoping to meet up with an American ex-pat from my synagogue, another Polish girl (with a penchant for short skirts and long boots), and another American ex-pat I met on eHarmony and have stayed friends with.  I'm also going to a concert with Tracy (whom I met on eHarmony), and I have a second date with the girl from the Czech Republic.  (I haven't seen her for a month because she had to go back to take care of her mom, who fell down some stairs and broke both her shin bones!)

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world, getting to spend time in the company of all these gorgeous women, most of whom would never talk to me again if they knew I was seeing 6 other women! I'm trying to whittle it down to 3 or 4, but I'm enjoying them all!  Someone should organise an intervention before this gets even more out of hand...

* Actually, I think I just scared her off, and I'm really curious to know what is going on there.

No comments: