Wednesday, November 28, 2012

California itinerary

I was watching an old episode of The Big Bang Theory the other day, and Sheldon suggested that if you only have one day in Los Angeles to make it a "train day" -- lunch at Carney's in Studio City, the afternoon at the Travel Town museum (near Griffith Park), followed by dinner at Carney's in Hollywood*.  While I'm not going to stick with that formula exactly, I am bringing a friend who wants to see California, so I've been working on an itinerary.

Personally, for me the first step in any visit to California would be getting the hell out of Los Angeles, but in this case it's complicated by the fact that she wants to see LA, I want to see my friends, and the airlines want to charge £200 ($300) more to fly into LAX and leave from SFO.  So I'm not sure exactly how this will work, but what I am sure is that I will get an angry email from my mother when she sees I've only slotted her in for 3 days...

Day 1: Arrive Los Angeles
2: Beach
3: Hollywood
4: Downtown
5: Monterey
6: arrive San Francisco
7: pier 39/Alcatraz
8: napa valley
9-12: My family
13: Sequoias
14: Fly out of LAX

This is tentatively scheduled for January 10-22, but I'm hoping to have it firmed up by the end of the week.

*Yes, the order is important -- dinners are only served at Carney's on Sunset Strip.

No comments: