Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Emotional support

Last weekend I stopped communicating with the people who gave me emotional support, and I stopped communicating with them precisely because they gave me emotional support.  I recognised I was leaning on them to avoid moving forward in my life, and I needed some time and distance to get things back in perspective.

Of course, no sooner than I've stopped communicating with the people who gave me emotional support, then someone sends me a photo of my Uncle George.  Just in case I wasn't depressed enough.

It's hard to believe he's been gone ten months now.  The last I heard from his daughter, we were talking about scattering his ashes -- that was six months ago now.

I don't really have a point here.  I really don't have a coherent thought.  I'm just sad.

No comments: