Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Home sick

No, really I was home, sick, today. Except for the part where I went to HomeBase to buy plants. For my flat that I'm never at. Which I finally planted at 1am. In the kitchen. Making a god-awful mess. Did I mention I'd just cleaned the place? Or that I'm leaving in the morning? Something is very wrong with me.

And how do you plant cacti, anyway? Without impaling yourself, I mean. These baby cacti are cute as buttons but just as nasty as their parents. I tried to use a cloth to move them into their new pots, but when I tried to remove the cloth, the cactus came with it. They are all crooked.

I also got a new gardenia (my last one died of SPUDS -- Sudden Plant Unexplained Death Syndrome) and a wandering jew, because that just seems so prosaic.

What I really want is a prayer plant, but I haven't seen any in nurseries here. I have seen some at work, and when I get a new job, those babies are mine.

No comments: