Sunday, May 12, 2019

335 days to the UK

The working assumption is that our next major holiday will be in the UK, April 11-24, 2020, with kids.

The original impetus was my mother-in-law's 80th birthday in March, but we couldn't take the kids out of school for two weeks, and it didn't seem right to leave them at home. After all, the last time they saw their cousins was 2 years ago, when they came to New Zealand.

Of course, I'm planning to drop the kids with my in-laws and go do something fun. 🙂

I had hoped our next big holiday was California over Christmas, but my mother hasn't been doing well so we decided to go earlier, without the kids, and though I get enough time off (5 weeks vacation per year), I still can't afford two big holidays. So we'll look at doing another 'staycation' like Christchurch. (I have a friend who recommends one of the Pacific Islands; I'll have to ask which one.)

It's been 3 years since my last visit, and that was a work visit so I hardly had time to see anyone. I'm so excited to get back, and it will be a long 11 month wait! 

No comments: