Tuesday, May 27, 2014

UK bucket list

In thinking about travelling outside the UK, I also realised there were still a lot of places I wanted to go inside the UK, as well. I don't know how many of these I can tick off by mid-August, but given my impending homelessness, I have nothing better to do.
  • Dover cliffs
  • West Scotland / Loch Ness
  • Cheddar gorge, Somerset
  • Dan yr ogof caves, Wales
  • Giants Causeway, Northern Ireland
  • Bath
  • Angel of the North
  • Canterbury
  • Cornwall / Dartmoor / Exmoor
  • Brighton Pavillion
  • Brecon Beacons
  • Canonteign Falls
  • Chichester
  • Hull, the UK city of culture for 2017
Just kidding about the last one. :-)

I also want to visit Highclere Castle and Mapledurham House, which are both within ten miles of my house, but I haven't managed to visit in the past three years.

And lastly, I would love to see York again--I love that city.

No comments: