Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer is here

The number of events, festivals, and activities in summer is staggering.  In Los Angeles I had to comb the web sites to find things; here I have to avoid web sites to avoid going to too many things!

Next weekend I'm going to a wolf sanctuary, which turns out to be just up the street from my house in Reading.

The Rooftop Film Club has a number of outdoor movie screenings -- I have tickets to see Trollhunter, Big Lebowski, and Labyrinth.

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee is on 5 June, the Olympics 27 July-12 August, and Paralympics 29 August-9 September

Music-wise, I have tickets to Rumer, Paul Simon, and Paloma Faith, plus a revival of the musical, Ragtime.

If it's dry, I'll be attending Folk by the Oak again.  (I thought about attending WOMAD, the World Music festival, but it is at the same time as the Olympics...)

Outside of London, I plan to go to the Bristol hot air balloon fiesta and the Edinburgh fringe festival, both in August.

Comedy includes Pajama Men and a staged reading of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

And finally, I will be attending the Thames Festival, which marks the end of summer, on 9 September. :-(

Of course, those are only the things I already have tickets to.  I'm sure there will be much more before the summer is out.

No comments: